Monday, May 12, 2014

Day+12, Post Transplant, Ain't No Mountain High Enough!

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Todays White Blood Cell (WBC) count is 2.4 (that deserves a big shout out) and  his hemoglobin is 9.8.  Doctors did stimulate the WBC growth with a bit of Nuprigen because we've got some other complications.

ICU.  We have been back on the 3rd floor since Wednesday.  Today is Sunday May 11th and Clif has just successfully and unfortunately been placed on Intubation and Dialysis.  This has actually reduced my emotional stress load, seeing him struggle while breathing and experiencing delirium was tough.  This is needed because the kidneys again are not up to par.  Other complications include; Distended Abdomen; this is caused from the chemo upsetting and stripping the entire intestinal system, causing it to swell and hold fluid.  Basically, the mucous lining throughout the instestines is gone, expected, but gone.  It has caused great pain, inflamation, burning, swelling and a host of other difficulties.

Clif is resting very peacefully now.   Another 3-5 day stay to allow the kidneys to rest again, and hopefully allow other things internally to heal.

Again, transplant has no real symmetry.  It does what it will.  Clif and I went into this knowing difficulty was ahead.  Many thought the toughest difficulties were behind, let me tell you......They were wrong.   I have never seen someone work so hard at recovery as I have seen in this affliction.

Please pray that this setback can be conquered in the next few days, that his new white blood cells become a strong ally in his fight against all the complications, that his kidneys do what they did in February and heal mightly, for his other organs to remain strong, for the swelling and inflamation to reduce as expected by this stay in ICU.  Yes, we have mountains to climb, but nothing is impossible with The Lord.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
MATTHEW 11 : 28 – 29”




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update, Doreene! Still praying everyday. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wbc count - praying it grows and grows. Hope you get some rest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL things are possible through Christ who strengthens us. Stay strong my friends! We love you and pray for some healing and much needed comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that this "rest" time is when the Lord fights the battle for you! May you take cover under the shelter of His wings, where no foe can withstand (Ps. 91)! Love you and praying!

    ReplyDelete