Friday, May 30, 2014

Day +30 & 31, Moving On Up!

We have moved from ICU to the 4th floor, Hallelujah!  This is Great News.  We are on the cautious Road To Recovery!

Clif continues to make forward progress.  The catheter in the right leg artery has been removed because his kidney function is returning to safe and normal levels.  The last 4 days of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy have been helpful.  He is determined to recapture his lost strength.  On Sunday, he couldn't lift his hands; today he extends them high into the sky.  His legs are cooperating (unable to stand), but I am hopeful that is only a matter of time.  

DNA testing was done Thursday and results will be available this Monday.  We are looking to see the percentage of occupancy of our donor and the residual occupancy of what is left of Clif's original DNA.  Exciting and sad all at the same time.  The car is the same but the type of oil has been changed and upgraded to a new (German) quality.  Sporty sounding isn't it?  

Clif has missed some momentus occasions in our family life during his 4 month stay, but I am hopeful he will get to participate in seeing our oldest son Charlie graduate from Foothill High School on June 18th, so please, that is a big selfish prayer request on my part.  I am also looking forward to he and I taking our son to ASU Polytechnic this August. Good goals to look forward too. 


“Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help.”
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.”

Psalm 30:10-12


3 comments:

  1. GREAT news, Doreene! So VERY happy for all of you. I know that Clif will be front and center at the Foothill graduation day! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where my former post went...but am reiterating that I am SO thankful for God's answers to prayer for Clif's recovery and am joining you in prayer for the entire family to be able to celebrate Charlie's graduation and for you and Clif together to see him off to college!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE the 4th Floor!!!! So happy to hear the great news! xo

    ReplyDelete