Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day +365 Post Transplant, "Man Down" or is it "Man Up"

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2nd Timothy 4:7-8

Clifton B. Fincher, my very dear husband has gone on to be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  

Much has transpired these past few weeks, Clif became very ill and confused, ultimately the graft vs host came on him like a storm and swept through him taking from him his very last breath.  We truly did fight a good fight and we have no regrets.  Our doctors felt treatment to manage the gvh was no longer working and they had basically run out of options.

On Saturday, April 25th, 2015 Holly (Clifs sister) and myself made the decision to bring Clif home to the house.  We arrived by ambulance to many many very dear close friends.  He was brought into the heart of our home where he was flooded with love for the next 32 hours before The Lord himself took his spirit.  Being at his bedside and seeing firsthand his gradual and painless departure from this world to the next, was truly a blessing.  An empty tent was left behind, he was not there any longer.  Sadness did not fill that room, a quiet atmosphere of peace settled in.  I will forever be grateful to be witness of that moment in time, I will miss him deeply and his company on this side of heaven.  I do however look forward to the day that I too will meet up with him. So, tears are here........... weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5

Death did not win a battle, God raised up one of His own faithful soldiers, who stayed on the front of the battle line up until his very last breath!  Truly a warrior.

Our continual prayer throughout this entire affliction was;  Lord, we pray fearfully for your will to be done, but we do also ask that our hearts desires might collide with your will and allow for a long healthy life on this side of heaven.  Gods will and plans for Clifs life were different than our hopes.  Because and only because of our faith in His plans am I able to move forward with great confidence in knowing that His plans are always better than ours.  Clif does get to be in heaven, I will remain here with our kids and press on with our lives.  My faith is such that I know God picked a really great guy to have on His side of the playing field.

Moving forward;  Please join as we celebrate Clif and his life;

Saturday  May 2nd from 4pm - 8pm.  Services will start promptly at 4.  Please arrive a little early to allow for parking.  

Santiago Canyon Estate
8011 E. Santiago Canyon Road
Orange, Ca

The following day on Sunday May 3rd you are welcome to join us graveside at 1:30pm at Fairhaven Memorial Park, located at 1702 Fairhaven Avenue, Santa Ana.

Please visit this websiter for any donations you would like to make;  Ourhope.cityofhope.org/cliftonfincher

If you would like reach me, my personal email is;  Doreenefincher@ca.rr.com

God Bless all of you and thank you for helping us move onward and upward.  Please continue to pray for our family as we redefine our new life.

Love Doreene

1 comment:

  1. MAGNIFICENT! Wow, Doreene, that was the most beautiful assemblage of feelings that I have ever read.

    My heart breaks for the loss of our dear friend on Earth but am comforted in knowing that he is with the Lord. Amen

    Our love to you, Charlie, Sydney, and Will.

    ReplyDelete