Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Preperations for Transplant

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  

Jeremiah 29:11-13

This morning, very early while most of us were asleep, a fleet of medical personnel entered Clifs room. Their intent, to begin a new mission.  Preparations, are starting.  Twenty two viles of blood were drawn to test things like; iron in the blood, cholesterol, thyroid hormone, triglycerides and more as well as  begin a 24 hour urine collection testing.   Another CT scan with dye was performed to track closely the lung pneumonia issue.

Clif has a friend who worked on the "Raptor" a fierce military fighter plane.  The Lockheed Martin 
F-22 Raptor is a single-seat, twin-engine fifth-generationsupersonic supermaneuverable fighter aircraft that uses stealth technology. It was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter, but has additional capabilities that include ground attackelectronic warfare, and signals intelligence roles.  


I share the above information because this is the attitude I see in Clif as he moves forward on the plans God has specifically chosen for him.  With Nausea haunting him both day and night, his "Warrior" type outlook and his deep faith give him the endurance and stamina to press on and finish strong!  While talking with his doctor, dressed for battle with a presence of confidence and readyness;  he is readying his heart and mind for the next steps.

Today, he spent 10 minutes on the stationary bike, did some laps around the floor, and some stationary leg lifts, squats and step ups.  Even though he is anemic and neutropenic, he is faithful to keep it going between bouts of nausea.  

Will keep you posted as things unfold.  Wow, just realized we have now been here 52days!  


4 comments:

  1. AMAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cliff...Keep up the road to recovery. I am keeping up with your blog and hoping you will be catching sharks again soon. I know all to well what you have been going through.

    Linda Garfinkle

    ReplyDelete